i’ll bet you a substantial amount of money that the Yale scientists were all dudes.
I never screenshot posts but I felt the need to respond and making this a text post would have been pointless because Tumblr cuts those into links
- Garth has been in every season since the character was introduced
- the Antichrist’s powers didn’t manifest until Lucifer was let out of the cage, it’s logical to assume that they went away when Lucifer did
- the colt needs special bullets that Bobby had to make by hand. They’ve acquired so many powerful weapons since then (Ruby’s knife, the angel blades) that it makes more sense to stop wasting time making Colt bullets
- the rings are only good for opening the pit or gaining the power of that horsemen. putting on the ring of war, famine, or pestilence sounds like an epicly bad idea
- Christo will make a demon’s eyes go black but doesn’t hurt them, holy water is always a better choice. In Phantom Traveler 1.04 when Sam said Cristo the demon ran and locked himself in the cockpit. If they’d been able to use holy water he would have been incapacitated long enough for Dean and Sam to grab him
- John’s journal has been used in every single season, usually more than once(x)
- it was confirmed in interviews that the handprint went away when Cas healed Dean at the end of Swan Song 5.22
- Crowley knew that Sam went through Purgatory to rescue Bobby. Do you really think Crowley left that door open?
- other monsters pop up all the time but angel and demon story-lines are fan favorites so they’re the main focus
after 9 seasons it’s hard to keep track of everything that’s happened and sometimes we think there’s a plot hole where there isn’t one. John’s Journal is a great example because it’s one of the most used props on the show and yet it made a fan list of things the show has forgotten
The torn out pages of the journal? I have heard rumors about them.
As far as I know, there’s no official confirmation on what happened to those pages but I think that John, being the paranoid soldier he was, probably destroyed them. He didn’t want to risk his enemies, or Sam and Dean, finding out about Adam
you can see in the shot of the journal that the tear is messy, the first few letters of each line are still on the page stumps. if he planned to keep them for later use he would have been more careful to tear them out cleanly. This indicates he tore them out with the intention of destroying them. I’m betting he burned them
WHY DOESNT THIS HAVE MORE NOTES IT IS IMPORTANT
I also feel like pointing out the fact that any of the rare monsters from season 6 wouldn’t really show up after that, because they were only in north america because of Eve- so that means Dragons, Arachne, Okami, and others.
Excellent point. And let’s discuss dragons since someone was obviously very upset that they haven’t been in more episodes
Like a Virgin 6.12
Dean: What do you know about dragons?
Bobby: What? Nothing.
Bobby: Well, they’re not like the Loch Ness monster, Dean. Dragons aren’t real.
Dean: Could you make a few calls?
Bobby: To who? Hogwarts?
Bobby, the expert on everything supernatural, didn’t believe that dragons existed. In fact he found the concept so ridiculous that he didn’t even want to look into it. That’s proof that dragons are exceptionally rare and were probably extinct before Eve showed up. The only other known dragon was Ellie Visyak who had been in Purgatory for ages before she escaped back to the real world.
It would actually be a continuity error if Supernatural had put dragons in more episodes. The canon established that dragons are so rare that even the monster expert thought they were fiction, and that the only reason they started popping back up was because of Eve. With Ellie and the other dragons dead it’s very likely that they’re once again extinct
what about Chuck?
Rob Benedict did confirm at a con that Kripke told him Chuck was God during Swan Song 5.23 but the producers have never confirmed it and the canon of the show has never confirmed it either. The fandom is constantly asking questions about Chuck: Was he only God in that one episode? Was he God the whole time? Was he never God at all? The Supernatural canon hasn’t provided any definitive answers for those questions and that was done on purpose
Chuck is supposed to be a mystery. All of the questions about Chuck are a perfect representation of God in real life. As a fandom we don’t know why God decided to help Dean, we don’t even know for sure if Chuck was God. In real life no one knows why God does what he does or if he even exists at all. Resolving the Chuck story-line would mean taking some of the mystery out of God and we need that mystery, it’s important to the story and it’s also a reflection of real life. The lord works in mysterious ways
I also have a meta on the Chuck/God debate if you’d like more details (x)
I’d like some type of source that states the handprint is gone because of the healing. Cas had healed him before, what makes this time so different? Also, Castiel said that it was a brand on his soul, not just his body.
So my Dad and brother took separate cars to dinner tonight, and this happened.
they look like they are arguing about who is going to go home and change
Oh, they were.
Jake: You’ve got to be kidding me
Dad: You SAW me walk through the kitchen on my way to pick up your sister!
Jake: No seriously do you have an extra shirt in your car this is ridiculous
Oh my god they’re gonna kill me they didn’t want to even walk into the restaurant together let alone have this many people reblog this photo